Skip to main content

Hi community,

I am struggling with the following matter:

We purchased DocuSign eSignature (no Document Generation).

Use Case

On the Quote record, we generate files (output is either .docx or .pdf) via CPQ Template. In our DocuSign Envelope Template (dfsle__EnvelopeConfiguration__c), we want to add merge fields to these generated files. The documentation from the legacy solution suggests using AutoPlace Fields (also called anchor tags) in our template content (e.g., \s1\ for Signer 1). This solution is not viable for us as it is a legacy feature.

I have been trying to find an alternative solution for this matter in the documentation but unfortunately without success.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Screenshot 1: Document from Salesforce record (Place Fields step is missing)

Screenshot 2: Document from upload (Place Fields step appeared)

it regards placing merge fields on a dynamically generated file related to a Salesforce record, in a Docusign Envelope Template record https://www.loom.com/share/016208566cae4dde9e32e00af9b7485b

I found a workaround, but not desired.

1. In your Docusign Envelope Template you upload a document in step 1 ‘Documents’ and enable ‘Attach documents from Salesforce record’.
  2. Subsequently in step 4 ‘Place Fields’ add tags and add a AutoPlace per tag (eg. \s1\ for signer 1).It is required to have these tags already in your document.
  3. Generating Docusign from the Salesforce record opens the editor where you see the uploaded document from step 1 and the attached document(s) from the Salesforce record.
  4. In the step ‘Prepare & Send’ you can then see that the tags are added to your generated record from Salesforce.
  5. Optionally you can delete your document that you’ve uploaded from step 1 from your document settings on the right side of the editor

I can hardly imagine that this process as deschribed is by design, so I’d like to get some advice.

Thanks!

Hello @G25 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

My apologies for the late reply.

The same legacy Docusign For Salesforce (DFS) approach should 100% work with eSignature for Salesforce (EFS). You can skip the upload document in you EFS, the “place fields” step isn’t required, however, there is a nuance on how it is configured.

I would recommend you reach out to your Account Executive or contact customer service to request assistance from our Professional Services Team.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @G25 ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!