Question

Need Help: "Web service callout failed" Error with DocuSign eSignature App in Salesforce

Badge

I'm facing a critical issue with the DocuSign eSignature app for Salesforce, and I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot it.

I've installed the latest AppExchange package for the DocuSign eSignature app, and while I've successfully added the DocuSign button to various native and custom objects, I'm encountering a persistent problem with two specific objects. When I attempt to use the DocuSign functionality on the Contacts object or a custom object called "Enrollments," I receive the following error:

"Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element quickActions."

Here's a brief overview of what I've done so far:

1. Installation and Setup: Installed the latest version of the DocuSign eSignature app from the AppExchange.
  2. Button Addition: Successfully added the DocuSign button to several other objects without any issues.
  3. Error Encounter: The error only occurs when selecting the Contacts object and the custom "Enrollments" object.

I've scoured the web for solutions and tried every suggested fix I could find, but nothing has resolved the issue. This is a major roadblock for my current project, and I'm at a loss on how to proceed.

Has anyone encountered this error before or have any ideas on how to resolve it? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @DavidGiller,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to add your button to these Salesforce Custom Objects, but I will assist you in solving the issue.

This behavior could be related to an ongoing product issue. There have been some cases tracked under this ticket in which the issue was resolved by ensuring that you have overridden your Global Publisher layout setup for quick actions. As well as enabling “Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action” for all layouts.

For more details on this process, see:

Customize Actions with the Enhanced Page Layout Editor

If this doesn’t help solve the issue, we might need to include you as part of the affected account’s list. If needed, you may refer our support team to ticket ID DFS-14651.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @DavidGiller,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!