Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to set up a client so that they can bulk generate donation acknowledgement letters for Opportunities in Salesforce. Is this a possibility with Docusign for Salesforce?

Hello @ACCSC ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community. 

I understand you would like to generate several documents for Opportunities in Salesforce, can you provide more information?

• Would this be for the same Opportunity or for different ones?
  • Are you using Document Generation?
  • What is the package you are using and the version? Home (lightning) > Quick finds > Installed packages

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @ACCSC  ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

I know this is an old-ish thread, and I’m not the original poster, but I do have a similar questions. Is it possible to generate (and then send) documents in bulk using the DocuSign DocGen for Salesforce tool? If, for example, I had a list view of Opportunities, is there a way to create a list view button that will take all selected records in the list view, generate individual documents using DocGen, and then send those documents?

Hello @zgoldberg ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Are the documents static (formatting never changes), or are they dynamically formatted (things like format, page count, etc. changes)? 

DocGen for Salesforce does not currently have a method to bulk generate documents, however, depending how the document is formatted there could be a workaround.

Best regards,

Hi @nathaly.monge ,

Thanks for getting back to me. The docs are generally relatively simple. They use data from multiple “layers” of objects (e.g. Opportunity > Account > Contact), but the formatting doesn’t change drastically. Mostly, we’re just filling in individual merge fields with data. Not a lot of related lists/tables or changes to page count. Do you think there are ways to bulk generate + send with something like that?

Hello @zgoldberg ,

Thank you for reaching back.

There's a long-term approach of exporting the CSV from Salesforce and then using it via the web app to do the bulk send.  There are ways via legacy Connect to then push data/docs back into Salesforce.

If the documents are static, and if it’s ok for an eSignature envelope to be involved, then you could use eSign to merge in data into read-only fields on the doc. So technically this would “generate documents” but in a different roundabout way.

Either way, i recommend you contact Support for assistance on how to set it up: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

Best regards,