Skip to main content

Hi All,

I’m looking for a way to make the expiration dates dynamic when using DocuSign for Salesforce.  Ideally the expiration date would be a custom date field on an opportunity.  I have found this documentation in regards to setting a RES parameter in the URLFOR() function, but this is related to envelope templates rather than gen templates.  Our Gen document rules are a bit complex so looking for a way to pass the RES parameter to the Gen templates which will then pass to the related envelope template.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=srl1586134368658&topicId=nxl1649872087756.html&_LANG=enus

Our current process uses a custom button which calls a screen flow and at the end of the flow we will generate a DocuSign based on data inputs from the flow using URLFOR().

Thanks,

James

Hello @JStones ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you are trying to set a dynamic expiration date on your Doc Gen templates depending on the values on an opportunity field.

At the moment Doc Gen is only responsible for Generating the documents. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to pass envelope parameters into a Gen Template. Reminders/expirations cannot be set dynamically in a DocuSign Envelope Template. You can link Gen templates to DocuSign Envelope Templates, but this will not allow for dynamic reminders/expiration settings. You can use URLFOR eSignature buttons to dynamically add reminders/expiration settings, but this cannot be linked to your Gen Template, making the Gen to Send functionality more clunky.

However, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea or you can create a case with customer service to submit the enhancement: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The DocuSign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject.Note: If you have multiple DocuSign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @JStones ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!