Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I want to use DocuSign for my docgen engine in my salesforce org, i have case, and each case has several service contracts and each service contract is with many contract line items. I am making a document in docusign based on case and want to display a table for each service contract with its contract line item. how can i configure the template in docusign to fetch the data and child data in salesforce? 

Because i need to send envelope for esignature and maybe the user needs to update a few fields in the document to reflect back in my salesforce.

From what i found so far is i need to use apex toolkit with send envelope action. But i dont know how i can configure the docusign template with the merge fields in child and grandchild relationship. 

And if i use gen, it cannot be used with apex toolkit. 

My expectation is to send document containing salesforce data, child data and grandchild data and let user insert/update a few fields and then sign the esignature. The input from the user should be updated back to salesforce.

Appreciate it if anyone got any idea.

Thank you 

Yue

Did you figure this out?  Working on a similar thing where I need to get a related list off of a lookup field on the main object.