Solved

DocuSign signed documents are saving to the Notes & Attachments related list instead of the Files related list in Salesforce. How do I change that?

• 8 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I create an envelope with a document. When it is signed, the envelope shows up in the DocuSign Status related list with a DSX- number. In the related list, the signed document needs to be a File, not a Notes & Attachments. How do I change where it is saved?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 8 February 2019, 19:44

View Original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello,

Thank you for posting to DocuSign's Community!

This may be resolved by selecting "Use Content Files" in System Settings of DocuSign Connect, as per the following resource:

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/dfs-admin-guide-change-ds-connect-for-salesforce-settings-v7

If this setting is already enabled or does not resolve the issue, please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Damian

Community Moderator

Userlevel 2

This article does not explain how to use the “Use Content Files”. In fact, that is the one thing it does not explain. I know from testing in my Salesforce org that if “Use Content Files” is checked, then no signed documents show up in either the Notes & Attachments or Files related lists. If the “Use Content Files” is unchecked, then the signed documents show up in the Notes & Attachments related list.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Enabling the writeback of Files is done simply by enabling the "Use Content Files" setting. You're correct, the guide does not give specific information regarding this setting, but offers the intended description and graphic of where to enable the setting.

If no writeback is occurring when this setting is enabled, please click the "Reconfigure Login" link within the Salesforce Configuration in DocuSign Connect and check the "Salesforce SOAP Web Services API Version", if this is set to "21", please update to "39", save the changes and test again.

If this does not resolve the issue we may need to dig deeper into your DocuSign and Salesforce configurations and for this, a call with our Customer Support team would be most appropriate.

If you do have any further questions or concerns that may be best answered here, please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Damian

Userlevel 2
That worked. Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 2

Hi All, I need an urgent help. The above work around did not worked for me. Any suggestions pls?

I have updated the Version to 39 and checked the checkbox "Content Files" but still the uploaded document is saving into Notes & Attachments and not Files.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

There's a way to correct this in Salesforce. You go to Setup > Salesforce Files > General Settings

The first checkbox needs to be TRUE ("Files uploaded to the Attachments Related list on records are uploaded as Salesforce files, not as attachments")

Best.