Skip to main content

Hello Community,

In Salesforce I generate a PDF which should be send via docusign.

In the document I used Anchor Tags like \s1\ for Signer 1 and \s2\ for Signer 2. In the documentation I read that Checkboxes could be implemented via \cb1\ or \cb2\ and text via \txt1\. Also i found an article Use Automatic Anchor Text with Custom Tags (docusign.com) where its stated the implementation needs to be as follow \tbx_1_text\ for text and \cb_1_yes\ for a checkbox. For the secong solution Merge fields need to be created, but I dont need writeback functionality. The customer should only be able to click the checkboxes and fill in some text.

Is there any chance to get this working?

Also I’m missing an anchor tag for a stamp. Is this possible?

Thanks and all the best,

Sven

Hello Community,

In Salesforce I generate a PDF which should be send via docusign.

In the document I used Anchor Tags like \s1\ for Signer 1 and \s2\ for Signer 2. In the documentation I read that Checkboxes could be implemented via \cb1\ or \cb2\ and text via \txt1\. Also i found an article Use Automatic Anchor Text with Custom Tags (docusign.com) where its stated the implementation needs to be as follow \tbx_1_text\ for text and \cb_1_yes\ for a checkbox. For the secong solution Merge fields need to be created, but I dont need writeback functionality. The customer should only be able to click the checkboxes and fill in some text.

Is there any chance to get this working?

Also I’m missing an anchor tag for a stamp. Is this possible?

Thanks and all the best,

Sven

Hello @ioSven ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

My apologies for the late reply.

Are you using the Legacy version or the Docusign Apps Launcher? You can see this by going to installed packages.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @nathaly.monge ,

the installed version is 4.2. The date signed and signing I was able to get this working, but not text and checkboxes.

BR,

Sven

Hello @ioSven ,

Thank you for reaching back.

If those fields don’t need to be merge fields, then you can create the fields directly in the Docusign account. Docusign web-app -> Settings -> Document Custom Fields -> “Add new field” button.

There isn't a specific string to add for the stamp field, however, you can create a string when saving the stamp field as a custom field in DocuSign. For example you could name the string for the auto place as \stamp1\ for the first recipient or \stamp2\ for the second recipient

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @ioSven ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,