Skip to main content

I'm currently facing a challenge with a Power Automate flow that I've set up to generate a document and send it out for signing. The process seems straightforward, as illustrated in the flow diagram below:

However, I've encountered a problem similar to the one discussed in this thread: Anchor tab missing + Creating envelope in Powerautomate from pdf | Community (docusign.com). The difference in my case is that I'm working with a DOCX file rather than a PDF.

The flow successfully retrieves the file content from the specified path, as shown here:

The content is then added to the envelope without any apparent issues. However, I suspect that the base64 decoding step might be causing the signature tab to disappear, even though it is visible within the DOCX file itself.

Could the base64 decoding be responsible for removing my signature tab? Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any insights on how to resolve this?

Hello @nescafe,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when creating a Power Automate flow you are receiving the Action 'Add_tabs_for_a_recipient_on_an_envelope' failed error.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, the link that you are referencing, when I opened it shows an invalid address/post, would it be possible for you to provide it one more time?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @nescafe,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I am having the same issue. Following this example in the Docusign documentation, https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301=&bundleId=gqy1619537336307&topicId=bxu1647454639958.html&_LANG=enus, the Microsoft Automate Flow fails on the “Add tabs for a recipient on an envelope” action with an error indicating that the tab string cannot be found in the document.

As stated in the original post, I also believe that the base64 encoding is preventing the tab string from being found.

Additional Information:

Flow generates Word document

Add documents to an envelope action code:

{

"type": "OpenApiConnection",

"inputs": {

"parameters": {

"accountId": "6d2d0dec-25a6-42a7-969b-d20e50ea44f8",

"envelopeId": "@outputs('<action_name>)?a'body/envelopeId']",

"body/documents":

{

"documentBase64": "@base64(body(<Word Document>))",

"fileExtension": "docx",

"name": "Offer Letter"

}

]

},

"host": {

"apiId": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_docusigndemo",

"connection": "shared_docusigndemo",

"operationId": "AddDocumentsToEnvelope"

}

},

"runAfter": {

"Create_Offer_Letter_envelope": >

"Succeeded"

]

}

}

Error Message:

{

"errorCode": "ANCHOR_TAB_STRING_NOT_FOUND",

"message": "The specified Anchor Tab string was not found in the document. Anchor Tab String \"/s/\" not found."

}

Hello @degleston_provato,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

To clarify, does the document that you are using contains the anchor tags?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.