Skip to main content
F.A.Q.

Beta FAQS | IAM for Developers

• 23 May 2024
  • 0 replies

Table of Contents:

General IAM FAQ

How do I gain access to the new Docusign IAM developer services?

To gain access to the new Docusign IAM developer services, you can use your Docusign Developer Account. If you already have an account, you can start using these platform services for development and testing immediately. If you still need a Docusign Developer Account, please create one here.

Which Docusign IAM developer services are available during the Beta phase?

During the Beta phase, several key Docusign IAM developer services are available for you to use and integrate into your applications and/or services. Currently, these include the development of Extension Apps for publishing on our App Center, Maestro APIs for managing workflows, and Web Forms APIs for handling form-based interactions. Additionally, we are planning to release more incremental IAM developer services through the Beta phase. Stay tuned for updates on these upcoming services. We encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter for updates or regularly check the Developer Center to ensure you receive the most current information.

What does it mean if an IAM developer service I am using is under Beta?

Using an IAM developer service that is defined as Beta means that it may still be under development with more features and functionality coming soon. It has been made available to users to gather feedback before its official release. While Beta services are generally stable and usable and can be used for applications in production, they may still undergo changes based on user feedback and further testing. We encourage you to actively provide feedback, share insights,  and report any issues you encounter as this will help us improve the service. We can’t do this without you! 

What will happen to my projects developed using Beta IAM developer services?

Projects developed using the IAM developer services during the Beta phase will continue to operate smoothly as these services transition to official release. We will provide detailed guidance on upgrading to the official release versions where necessary. This guidance will be specific to services that require upgrades for compatibility and to leverage new features, and may not be applicable to all IAM developer services. Additionally, all Extension Apps that wish to be published in the App Center must undergo the App review process conducted by Docusign. This process ensures that your applications meet our standards for security, functionality, and user experience.

Will IAM developer services used in my applications during the Beta phase be available in the Docusign production environment?

Yes, unless explicitly noted, IAM developer services used in your applications during the Beta phase will be available in the Docusign production environment.

Will Extension Apps built during the Beta phase be published as Beta?

No, although many of the IAM developer services are defined as Beta, Extension Apps developed during this phase will not be published as Beta in the App Center. All Extension Apps must pass through Docusign’s app review process, which assesses the apps against high standards of security, functionality, and user experience. Additionally, while we do not anticipate any breaking changes in the extension contracts that power these apps, we are committed to introducing new versions of extension contracts as needed. We will also provide detailed guidance on upgrading to these new versions whenever necessary to ensure smooth transitions and continued compatibility.

For what countries can extension apps be published in the App Center?

Developers can publish apps for use by Docusign customers in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Data verification apps can be published only in the United States at this time.   Stay tuned for updates as we expand availability to more countries. We encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter for updates or regularly check the Developer Center to ensure you receive the most current information.

I am interested in building an extension app for my organization, not in distributing it publicly in the App Center. Is this possible?

Yes, you can build what we categorize as a private extension app. We are currently developing this feature and expect it to be available later this year. While the tools and experience for building both public and private Extension Apps are the same, you can start building and testing your app using your DocuSign Developer Account. Please refer to our documentation for guidance. For the latest updates, we encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter or regularly check the Developer Center.

How can I provide feedback during the Beta phase?

We value your input and encourage you to share your feedback throughout the Beta phase to help us improve our services.  We welcome you to provide feedback here in the new Docusign Developer Community forum. Our Developer Support, Partner and Product teams actively monitor feedback to ensure  your insights and issues are addressed

What kind of technical support is available through the Beta?

During the Beta phase, support is available to ensure a smooth development experience. You can access direct assistance from our Docusign Developer Support team. We welcome you to ask questions and provide feedback here in the Docusign Community. Our Developer Support, Partner and Product teams actively monitor feedback to ensure  your insights and issues are addressed. Here, you can connect with other developers, share insights, and find answers to common challenges. Both resources are designed to provide you with the support you need to make the most of our Beta services.

When will the Beta phase end?

The Beta phase for our services is planned to conclude towards the end of this year, although specific dates are still being finalized. Please stay tuned for more detailed announcements as we progress throughout the Beta. We encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter for updates or regularly check our website to ensure you receive the most current information.

How can I stay up-to-date with ongoing updates and future developments?

To keep abreast of the latest updates and upcoming features, we highly recommend subscribing to our Developer Newsletter. This will ensure that all the latest news and improvements are delivered straight to your inbox. Additionally, you can visit the Developer Center regularly for real-time updates and detailed documentation. Also, stay tuned for our upcoming Developer Roadmap, which we will be publishing soon to give you a clearer picture of the exciting new directions and enhancements we are planning

How can I get partner support for developing for publishing my Extension App in the App Center?

If you're looking to develop and publish an Extension App in the App Center, we're eager to learn more about your project. Our partner support team is ready to assist you every step of the way. Our goal is to ensure that your Extension App meets all the necessary criteria for a successful launch. Connect with us at appcenter@docusign.com

Extension Apps FAQ

How do I gain access to the build Extension Apps during Beta?

You can use your Docusign Developer Account. If you already have an account, you can start development and testing immediately. Learn more reading our Extension Apps docs here. If you still need a Docusign Developer Account, please create one here.

What type of technical skills are expected for developers looking to join the beta?

Building extension apps requires developers to have a sound understanding of HTTP protocols, server-side programming languages (for example, Python or Node.js), cloud hosting platforms, OAuth authorization protocols, and more. They will need to set up a publicly accessible endpoint (URL) to receive incoming extension payloads, parse and process JSON data, and execute actions or workflows. For more information, please read the extension app documentation.

For what countries can extension apps be published in the App Center?

Developers can publish apps for use by Docusign customers in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Data verification apps can be published only in the United States at this time.  Stay tuned for updates on more countries become available. We encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter for updates or regularly check the Developer Center to ensure you receive the most current information.

Will Extension Apps built during the Beta phase be published as Beta?

No, although many of the IAM developer services are defined as Beta, Extension Apps developed during this phase will not be published as Beta in the App Center. All Extension Apps must pass through Docusign’s app review process, which assesses the apps against high standards of security, functionality, and user experience. Additionally, while we do not anticipate any breaking changes in the extension contracts that power these apps, we are committed to introducing new versions of extension contracts as needed. We will also provide detailed guidance on upgrading to these new versions whenever necessary to ensure smooth transitions and continued compatibility.

I am interested in building an extension app for my organization, not in distributing it publicly in the App Center. Is this possible?

Yes, you can build what we categorize as a private extension app. We are currently developing this feature and expect it to be available under Beta in Q3. While the tools and experience for building both public and private Extension Apps are the same, you can start building and testing your app using your DocuSign Developer Account. Please refer to our documentation for guidance. For the latest updates, we encourage you to subscribe to our Developer Newsletter or regularly check the Developer Center.

How can I get partner support for developing for publishing my Extension App in the App Center?

If you're looking to develop and publish an Extension App in the App Center, we're eager to learn more about your project. Our partner support team is ready to assist you every step of the way. Our goal is to ensure that your Extension App meets all the necessary criteria for a successful launch. Connect with us at appcenter@docusign.com

Maestro API FAQ

How do I gain access to the Maestro APIs during Beta?

You can use your Docusign Developer Account. If you already have an account, you can start development and testing immediately. Learn more reading our Maestro APIs docs here. If you still need a Docusign Developer Account, please create one here.

What can you do using Maestro API?

Developers using Maestro APIs can trigger, customize, and manage workflows from their applications. To learn more about Maestro APIs read our documentation here.

Will Maestro APIs used in my applications during the Beta phase be available in the Docusign production environment?

Yes, unless explicitly noted, IAM developer services including Maestro APIs used in your applications during the Beta phase will be available in the Docusign production environment.

What does it mean if Maestro APIs are under Beta?

Beta means that it may still be under development with more features and functionality coming soon. It has been made available to users to gather feedback before its official release. While Beta services are generally stable and usable and can be used for applications in production, they may still undergo changes based on user feedback and further testing. We encourage you to actively provide feedback and report any issues you encounter, as this will help us improve the service.

Can we combine the Maestro Low Code Workflow Designer with the Maestro APIs when creating and managing Maestro Workflows?

Yes, you can combine them. Under the hood, the Maestro Workflow Designer is powered by the same Maestro APIs that are available to developers for creating and managing workflows.

This topic has been closed for comments