Skip to main content

Im curious about when somebody is CC'd on a Docusign, when do they actually get notified of the Docusign. Is it only when its completed?

I was assuming that when its sent out, the CC'd parties all see the Docusign going out (basically like a standard email) so I was relying on the CC'd parties being aware the Docusign has been sent out. I was just told they only see it AFTER its completed, so the CC'd party does not know the Docusign has been sent and potentially waiting for the signing parties need to sign. Is this true?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You can add carbon copy recipients to any point in the signing order. The recipient will receive a copy of the documents with whatever signatures or other information is already completed by any prior recipients. If the CC recipient precedes other recipients in the signing order, they will receive a notification if the envelope is voided or canceled. If either the sender voids the envelope or any subsequent recipients decline to sign, the CC recipient receives the voided notification.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=sbq1631221886588.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.