Skip to main content

Almost every time I have CC'd someone to receive a copy of a document, they reply to me with an email along the lines of "Wasn't this supposed to be sent to X?" My boss was actually pretty upset once because he thought I had messed up who was supposed to sign an important document.

It's confusing to the non-signing recipient when their first email from Docusign is the unsigned copy and I am tired of explaining that the 3rd (1st is the unsigned, then the notification that it was "viewed", and finally the signed copy) email from Docusign will be the actual signed document.

Any way I can edit notifications so when I CC someone to receive a copy, they only receive an email when the document is actually signed?

Thanks,

Hi there

What you would need to do is when building the work order that you put the CC person as the last recipient. That way they will not get anything until they are needed to in the workflow.

Just check the Set Signing Order box which will then let you add a number and this creates the workflow steps.

Also useful is the signing order link that will show you a pop out box of the workflow.

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 16.09.25

Hope that helps

Thank you.

Yea DocuSign needs to make that email less confusing. Regardless if I set a signing order or not, someone cc-ed to receive a copy should not be notified until the document is completed.