Skip to main content

Hello,

our organization has a custody transfer rule where, on completion, templates from a specific group transfer ownership to an individual user so that they can view the form data. I have setup shared access between this individual and another user (with sending privileges) so that if the person is away, the other user could switch access and view the form data. Both of these individuals are in the same group, the user who takes ownership is a DS Admin, the other person is a DS Sender. However, if I'm logged in as the user that is not in the custody transfer rule, and I try to switch access to manage envelopes as the user who is in the rule, I still can’t see the Form Data. Is this expected behaviour or is there a way to get around this? Do both users have to be Admins? I noticed that I can’t add the 2nd user to the custody transfer rule, it can only go to 1 person.

Thank you!

Hello @Jordan.S ,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you have questions about Viewing Form Data through Shared Access.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, according to the guide Shared Access to Envelopes, users should be able to view the form data regardless of their permission profile.

If you add another user to the shared access do you get the same issue?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Jordan.S,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.