Skip to main content

Hello

We have rare cases where we need to indicate the time of signature (hours, minutes, seconds). We do not want to change the date signed setting to include a timestamp in all cases, as this is the exception to the rule.

One solution would be to refer to the certificate of completion, but this doesn’t indicate seconds. Is it possible to include seconds in the certificate of completion timestamps?

If that isn’t possible, what alternatives are available, either for a user-level or per-envelope setting to include timestamps, or to create a custom field which includes date and time?

@Tim Szoke 

As you correctly stated the “date signed” field is an account wide setting and can be configured to either include the timestamp or not. You cannot configure this on any other level, e.g. user or envelope. There are no fields other than the “date signed” fields that can include a timestamp. 

You cannot modify the Certificate of Completion to include the seconds in the timestamps. Not sure why you require the seconds to be shown, but besides that referring to the Certificate of Completion is the best solution.

Hi @Tim Szoke,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Thank you for the response. In some (not all) instances, we do indeed need to indicate the precise order in which documents were signed and an hh🇲🇲ss format is requested. I have resorted to logging a ticket.

Again, thanks for confirming.

Hi @Tim Szoke,

Thank you for following up.

I am glad to see that you decided to file an Enhancement Request to add these options to your Account Settings.

I believe there is a lot of value in this idea, and I am sure that our engineering team will be interested in looking into the possibility to implement a solution to this area of opportunity.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!