Skip to main content

Hi! New to DocuSign and I am creating templates for others in my company to use. Is it possible to have the required fields already set for when they need to use the template? That way they don’t have to set the required fields each time they are sending the template out for signature or completion.

@TerriS 

Yes, you can create a template in DocuSign and share it with others to use. When setting up the template, you can designate all the necessary fields as required, ensuring that users must complete these fields before the document can be submitted.

@JohnSantos thanks for replying. Can I set the fields so the users don’t have to do it each time they use the template?

@TerriS 

Yes, you can set much of the information like making it required and pre-filled with information.   

There is a good template session tomorrow. Join the meeting.  Ask the Expert: Building Templates, Wed, 17 Jul. 2024 at 12:00, America/New_York | Community (docusign.com)

Hi @TerriS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.