Skip to main content

I’m running into a problem where my templates are not saving. I’m trying to put formulas into a contract to calculate number of nights and charges, but the template is not saving my work as I progress through it. I’ve tried various options with no luck, as it is stuck in its current place and will not accept further changes at the moment. 

I’ve also tried different browsers and started from scratch with no luck.

Hello, @Justin.C 

This is not something usual to happen, however I have seen that once, so try this:

1. Open your browser then clear Cookies and the Cache.
  2. Open an incognito tab
  3. Login to your eSignature account.
  4. Creates a new template
  5. Add your document or form
  6. Add just one recipient
  7. Add just one text field in the document
  8. SAVE your template.
  9. Edit it again and verify if that text field stills there, if so, add one formula field, do any calculation.
  10. SAVE your template again.
  11. Edit it and verify if the two fields still there, if so, continue editing and adding the fields that you need.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre

@Justin.C Are you seeing any specific error messages when you are trying to open or Save the Template? The worst scenario is typically where internet connectivity is very sparse which can cause the Templates to be unable to save changes and leave the Template in a bad state.  The most common error I have seen in that situation is "The Template is not locked".

@David.Schmitz I am not seeing any error messages when I save or open the document. My computer is connected via ethernet and hasn’t experienced any issues with internet speeds or connection.

@Alexandre.Augusto Thank you for your suggestion. I attempted this with a new template and followed the steps recommended. After completing it, I began adding fields to the template but they did not save.

@Justin.C I would suggest opening a DocuSign Support case with the details you already have, there is logging in the DocuSign application but I have only used it when asked by Support to enable so not sure there are any details it could provide.

Hi @Justin.C,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!