Skip to main content

Would be grateful if somebody could help me with the below issue with template matching.

I am one of the admin users for our organisations DocuSign account, I have set up all the templates to be used by the non-admin users at the company and these are all accessible via shared folders. 

At the moment I am the only one who has the ability when sending a new envelope and uploading a new document, the template matching features comes up with the option for me to choose from relevant templates when the standard users on the account follow this process the template matching feature does not show can anyone advise how I can resolve this.

Just to confirm I have checked that all templates are visible to all users via the shared folders and I have made sure to mark them all as ‘included in matching’

Thanks for your help

@Physio I had run into issues with Template Matching and here were my resolutions…,,

1. The User "My Preferences" for Template Matching are too high. Typically, the Template Matching for each DocuSign User is set at "80" by default.  Go to the "My Preferences" option under the Profile Pic dropdown in the upper right of the main DocuSign page and then select Template Matching on the left panel. Decrease the "Match Sensitivity Level" to a lower value such as 65 or 70, Save, and retry the document upload in an envelope.  You can also enable "Page Level Template Matching" if you have several Templates that are unique based on number of document pages.
  2. The Template(s) are not shared with you appropriately. If you were not the owner or creator of a Template then the Template needs to be shared with your DocuSign User for it to show in the list of possible Template matches. Request the owner to share the Template with your DocuSign User.
  3. The document is a scanned document.  Scanned documents differ from documents created as PDF, Word, etc in how the text is "matchable" when uploaded to DocuSign.  A document created or edited in PDF and then uploaded would present matches that the same document that was scanned would not present.  It is recommended that any scanned document is opened in the appropriate program and made editable and resaved. In Adobe Acrobat this is done by right clicking the file and select "Edit with Adobe Acrobat", typically when it opens it popups a message that it is converting the document or it might ask the first time if you want to convert.  Convert and save the file back to your hard drive and then upload that document to DocuSign to see if matches are presented.

Hope these help.

Super helpful David, you have resolved my issue thank you so much!