Skip to main content
Question

Signing Priority

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

If there are multiple signers (i.e husband & wife, 3 adults buying a home together), will everyone receive the email notification to e-sign all at the same time? Or can you assign a signing priority/sequence? Thanks. 

Hi there,

You can certainly assign a signing priority, what we term as a ‘Signing Order’.

When you are adding your recipients, simply check the box at the top as seen in the image below to make the order appear.  

When ‘Glen Steinhardt’ completes his signing, DocuSign eSignature will then send the envelope to the next person in the signing order.

Hello, @Realtor.Nick 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Good question, indeed!

Yes, you can set a Signing Order. After adding the document(s) to the envelope, you can click in a checkbox to enable the signing order, see the figure.

After enabling the Set Signing Orders, each recipient can be assigned a order number, like 1, 2, 3,4 and so on. If you want two or more recipients receiving the notification at the same time just put the same order number to them.

On the side of the checkbox there is an option View, click to see a diagram with the recipients order.

I invite you to access our DocuSign University portal where you can watch or participate for free in a one hour live webinar, as for instance: Get Started with DocuSign eSignature.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @Realtor.Nick,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.