Skip to main content

I sent an envelope to multiple signers. The third recipient incorrectly signed their section - how do restart the process from the third recipient? Thanks!

@Tom H 

If the envelope is completed once the last recipient has signed, you will need to create a copy of the completed envelope if you require further signatures. In this case, all recipients will receive a new envelope to sign.

Unfortunately, there is no option to continue from where the last recipient left off if the envelope has already been completed. However, if the envelope has not yet been completed, you can correct it and resend it specifically to the last recipient.

Will there be a cost each time, if the envelope has not yet been completed?

@SonzJ 

If the envelope has not yet been completed, you can correct it with no additional costs.

@JohnSantos Thanks for the response. The envelope is not yet complete (still needs 2 signatures) - how do I correct it to be sent to the third person again?

@Tom H 

Locate the Envelope:

• Go to the Agreements tab in your DocuSign account.
  • Find the envelope you want to correct in your list of sent envelopes.
  • Click on the envelope you want to correct.
  • Click on the Correct button. This will open the envelope in the correction mode.
  • You can change recipient details, adjust the document, modify signing fields, or edit the message.
  • After making your corrections, click on Correct or Send to resend the envelope to the recipients.
  • Once corrected, recipients will receive the updated envelope. They will follow the usual process to review and sign.

Hi @Tom H,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.