Skip to main content

Hello, there are multiple internal departments that need to view and APPROVE the document/envelope (not to sign it just approve it). My understanding is once the recipient opens the document, the envelope then moves to the next person in line. Is this correct? I need the recipient to APPROVE the envelope before it goes to the next person and then in the end go to signatory.

Can you please confirm process? Thanks

“Needs to View” for a Recipient Type requires the Recipient only to open the envelope and the Recipient action is considered complete. It does not sound like this would be appropriate if the Recipient needs to “Approve” of the document information.  I would recommend using “Needs to Sign” and adding in either an area on the document where they choose to approve, add a corresponding “Yes I approve” or No I do not approve checkbox or radio buttons. There is also the convenient DocuSign fields for “Approve” or “Decline”. However be aware that the DocuSign fields for “Approve” and “Decline” have impact on whether the envelope continues or gets voided. If the Recipient chooses “Decline” then the envelope is voided.  Where as if you set a simple Yes/No set of radio buttons, the choice has no ability to void the envelope, it would just move to the next Recipient once the action was completed.

More on field types can be found here:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=vfk1578456408630.html&_LANG=enus

Hi @KMancini,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!