Skip to main content

So, I misspelled a recipients name one time and now it auto-fills when I start typing it in. The email still shows up correctly which is not good because it actually gets sent to the recipient with their name spelled wrong. How do I delete the bad one?

@TGrommet When adding Recipients to an envelope the Name and Email Address may pre-populate as you type.  The Name/Email Address are pulled from Contact records that were created or have been shared with your DocuSign User. Contacts are created with each successful envelope sent to a Recipient(s).  If the original Contact record was incorrect then the data populated on the next envelope for that Contact record would remain incorrect until the Contact record is corrected or updated.  There may be several Contact records for the same email address if the Name of the Contact was slightly different from prior envelopes sent through DocuSign.

Here are the steps to edit or delete a Contact record you own:

• Login to DocuSign.
  • Select the Profile picture in the upper right and select "My Preferences".
  • Select "Contacts" on the left panel.
  • Scroll or search for the Contact record and select edit or delete on the right dropdown next to that Contact.
  • If editing the record, change the information required and Save.
  • If deleting the record, select Confirm to remove that Contact record.

Note: Only Contact records you created and own can be edited or deleted.  Shared Contacts can only be edited or deleted by the creator of the shared Contact record.

Hi @TGrommet,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!