Skip to main content

This is a question for either Classic DocuSign or New DocuSign experience. 

I hope there is a way to print both my DocuSign envelope contents and the certification (certificate) in one PDF document.  This would be immensely helpful to my company, and a great timesaver and make sure that the certificate for each DocuSign accompanies its document.  I would think there is a press one button for all to print together, but I haven't found it. 

There is one place that allows to print one or two (or "all") documents as one pdf.  This choice contains "certificate" as well.  However, when checked to print all as one, only my actual docusigned documents are included in the PDF.  Is this a glitch or something perhaps not set up with our company to use?  Is there an extra charge for being able to use that feature?  Or, is there another location I must access in order to do this.  It is time-consuming and a waste of paper to physically print two documents, then have to print the certificate, then to scan them together into a single document.  The current alternative is to save the documents as a PDF, then save the "certificate" as a PDF, then sending both to our home office via e-mail. 

The ability to put the document and certificate into a single PDF by a click of a button on screen would be a great timesaver and ensure that the certification is saved for each document

In your Admin Console, on the Signing Settings page, is the "Attach certificate of completion to envelope" option checked?  Adjusting this setting might be all you need.

I have the same problem as the OP when downloading, not just printing.

When I click on the command to "DOWNLOAD - Select which files you would like to download" and then select the option to " Combine all PDFs into one file ", it fails to do so, and only downloads the main signed document, skipping the certificate of completion.  This problem has occured for more than one DocuSign document.  So I think there is a bug on Docusign's end that relates to combining files and the same bug may apply to both downloading and printing.

Has anyone figured out how to do this or a resolution or even a workaround? No matter what I do, when I select download document and certificate in one PDF, it doesn't happen.

Sean - What does happen? Do you get the envelope document in PDF only and no certificate? I have a previous envelope with a four page document that was completed and I choose to "Combine all PDFs into one file", then I download and I get the 4 page PDF with the associated Certificate in a single document. I tested this in my Sandbox DocuSign environment just as a note, and I am gonna check on my Production account to see if it performs the same. Also going to check what is currently enabled as to the certificate, maybe its just a simple account setting.

Found the reason.....so basically I tested in Production and I tried using "Combine all PDFs into one file" but as soon as I choose the option the checkbox for the certificate gets unchecked. So the difference between my Sandbox and my Production is seen below. Production does not have "Attach certificate of completion to envelope." where the Sandbox does have it enabled. Here is the article...https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-download-or-print-your-document

Troubleshooting: No Certificate of Completion in combined PDF option

Problem:

If you download your documents using the Combine all PDFs into one file option and you do not get the Certificate of Completion in the resulting PDF, this is likely due to an account setting. Your DocuSign administrator can check and adjust this setting as needed.

Solution:

In the DocuSign Admin view, under Signing Settings, there is a section called Envelope Delivery. In this section is the option Attach certificate of completion to envelope.

This setting determines whether the Certificate is included in the combined PDF file. If the option is checked, then you should see the Certificate included in both the downloaded combined PDF and in the PDF attached to completion emails.

Hi David,

Thank you for your responses - when I check the Combine all PDFs into one file option, only the documents are download and not the certificate.

I dug into the online manual and I believe it has to do with account settings that need to be set by an Administrator. I am an Author (and Sender) in our organization but I am not sure if either role has the permissions to change this setting. I will double check though - worst case scenario is I find out who our administrator is and ask her/him to do it.

Is it possible to combine the signed document and the summary into one document attached in the email ? Now we receive te email with the approved document and a file always called "Summary".

To be able to get everything in one pdf we have to log in into docusign to downlaoad as one file, which is a bit cumbersome.

Storing the summary docs as seperate docs is also cumbersome as they all have the same name

Greetings

Franky