Skip to main content

We just got DocuSign for our real estate office. I want to make forms in the templates section that the other agents can access. However, there are things that the agent needs to fill out before sending it to the client to sign: for example some forms need the agent name & license number, then the client needs to initial and sign, the agent needs to initial and sign.

Is there a way to do this?

Option 1:

If you share the template with agents in your account, the agent can start an envelope based on that template and edit any fields before sending to the signer.

Option 2:

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-signing-order

Instead of sharing the templates, you can add the agent as a signer at routing order 1, the client at routing order 2, and the agent as a signer again at routing order 3 (to initial and sign).  When it's the agent's turn to sign at routing order 1, the agent can populate any fields you've assigned to the agent at routing order 1.  Once the agent completes, the envelope will move on to the client.

Option 2 sounds good - will the client be able to see what the agent as signer 1 fills in?

Yes.  Once the agent at routing order 1 signs, the values will become a part of the document and future recipients will see them.  I suggest sending a test envelope to yourself where you are the signer at routing orders 1-3 to get a feel for how this works.

sorry, im being thick here.

1. We have a template and its generic with an empty box for the staff to write the customers name
  2. and a box for the staff to write the customers vehicle details
  3. after the staff have added the details we want to send to the client to sign

we cant find out how to do steps 1 and 2

thanks

As the sender, I thought you were able to prefill a text field before sending out the DocuSign. But recently people have told me that the recipient/signer won't see that information and the fields are blank . As a work around, I suggested creating fields for the sender to complete separately after they hit Send.

P.S. If anyone does know how to prefill text fields before sending out the envelope, please let me know :)

Senders can add data to fields or set defaults to field types like Checkboxes, Radios, or dropdowns prior to Sending the envelope. However, the workflow process is important as to whether ALL Recipients see that data. In Sending Settings of the DocuSign Account there is the following option "When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients", if disabled then adding data to a field that is assigned to Recipient 2 means Recipient 1 will not see that data until they get the final completed attachment or view the completed document in DocuSign. If that setting, "When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients", is enabled then any field that is prefilled will be displayed to ALL Recipients no matter where they lie in the envelope order. So that is your solution.

Also note that Senders should disabled Quick Send and use Advanced Send only so they can actually review the DocuSign fields and add data. Quick Send allows the updating of Recipients and email info but does not go into the fields associated with the document unless you select Advanced Edit.

Hi​ ,

DocuSign recently launched pre-fill fields which real estate companies use exactly for the use case you've described!

Check out the documentation here: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-prefill-fields