Skip to main content

Background Info:

I have a DocuSign PowerForm embedded on my application through a button. When a customer clicks the button they get redirected to a Powerform where all their information gets pre-filled from the application so they can just sign and enter sensitive information.

I am passing parameters to the powerForm, just fyi.

Issue:

However, I have encountered an issue.

In many instances the person filling out the application also has a different role that also requires a signature on the form.

For example,

A customer fills out our application, then when they go to the PowerForm Signer Information page to fill out every other Role's info (e.g. Name, Email) they happen to not only be the Applicant but also the Accountant.

Mind you my roles are:

Signer #1: Applicant

Signer #2: Accountant 1

Signer #3: Accountant 2

Signer #4: Accountant 3

Now because each role has a designated signature field on the form they have to fill out their information on two different slots(e.g. Applicant & Accountant 1) so by default they receive two separate emails. One as the Applicant and one as the Accountant. Now this is only in the case that the Applicant is both people. If not, we have had them fill out everyone else's information and there is no issue.

We would like to make it as simple as possible for our customers and having two separate emails being sent out for the same person is apparently becoming too much for them to handle.

Is there a way to modify the PowerForm Signer Information page where they can choose who role to sign for like a radio button for example or a drop down list? Or can I provide that option on maybe the Master Source File?

I have explored options on the Admin page, but I'm not sure if it is possible through there

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Not knowing how the current setup is configured regarding how they get to the Powerform through your application, there sounds like you are passing parameters from the application into the Powerform. Is that correct? So in that situation, could you not set a option or dropdown in your application which says "I am Signer 1 and 2" or "I am Signer 1 and 3" or "I am Signer 1 and 4" and then it directs to one of 4 possible Templates (powerform link) where the Signature block for this Signer would be in the blocks for either Singer 1 and 2, Signer 1 and 3, Signer 1 and 4.....or a fourth Template that assumes all 4 signers are unique. That is my only thought on this potential process.

Correct, I am passing the parameters, however this is for only one Powerform link or template. Also that would mean I would have to remove the signer Information page, wouldn't it?

We usually have three more people that need to sign. Like in the example above the all three other accountants or all two other accountants if the person applying is both the applicant and one of the accountants.

I forgot to add that part I am going to update my post

Right, my solution calls for a front end change that redirects and passes parameters to one of 4 possible Powerforms. I cannot think of another solution. So you always have an Applicant, then 3 potential Signers where the Applicant may be one of the remaining 3 Signers. The front end would basically have the Applicant select whether they are also a Accountant, this leaves 4 total possible outcomes.

1) Applicant is a single signer, plus 3 unique Accountant Signers.

2) Applicant is also Accountant Signer 2.

3) Applicant is also Account Signer 3.

4) Applicant is also Accountant Signer 4.

Now it could be you knock this down to two possible outcomes,

1) Applicant is a single signer, plus 3 unique, or 2) Applicant is also Accountant Signer 2.

So lets say you have a front end checkbox that says "Are you the Applicant and the Account", if they check the it redirects them to Powerform URL #2 which has 3 total Signers. The Applicant signs both Signing block 1 & 2 and then 2 other accountants sign 3 & 4. If they do not check the box, they are directed to Powerform #1, which has 4 separate signing blocks, Applicant and the required 3 other accountants. So the checkbox on your application is the key as to whether the parameters are passed to Powerform #1 or #2 and what they see as the Recipients. Hope that helps.

I see, I hadn't thought of that. It can be a great option, but here is another question..

If Applicant is also the accountant, but there are also 2 more accountants that need to sign the page, is there an option on DocuSign that allows the user or in this case the Applicant send the form via email to the next signer?

This is because in almost all cases there are other people who are involved in this signing process, its not always just that one signer. And my ultimate goal is to get all the signatures on only one form.

Yes, there are actually two Recipient Types they are called Specify Recipients and Update Recipients. I believe when you are using a Recipient external to your company then Specify Recipient is the one used. So in this scenario in your last post, the applicant would sign both Applicant and Accountant, then he would be set as another Recipient called Specify Recipient in which he would add two more Recipient/Signers. I have never used that particular functionality so you may have to investigate further through articles and documentation to make sure it is exactly what you are looking for in functionality.

Okay well I didn't know that there was even an option like that. I appreciate all of your help, you definitely gave me an idea from where to start!

I am glad I could help.