Skip to main content

As a very new user we have a few questions.  Our accountant requires a DocuSign signature prior to submitting annual income tax returns.  We have setup a DocuSign account but have the following questions:

1. Two of our adopted signatures were originally uploaded files of our actual signatures.  However, one of the signatures displays extremely small (it is a little longer) on the signed document.  Is there a way to enlarge the signature in DocuSign so it is more legible on the signed document?

2. How do we download the documents from our account?  We can see the signed documents, but when trying to download we get a webpage indicating a lack of authentication.

3. When creating our account for the community, it does not ask us to setup a password.  Is that normal?

Thank you so much for any assistance.

Hello, @Lemon Peeler 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

Let’s see:

1. Two of our adopted signatures were originally uploaded files of our actual signatures.  However, one of the signatures displays extremely small (it is a little longer) on the signed document.  Is there a way to enlarge the signature in DocuSign so it is more legible on the signed document?

Solutionhttps://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=lyd1578456406692.html&_LANG=enus

1. How do we download the documents from our account?  We can see the signed documents, but when trying to download we get a webpage indicating a lack of authentication.
    - Once an envelope is completed you just need to go for Manage page, find your completed envelope and use an little blue arrow on the right to Download or click over the envelope then will show up a Download button, click and select the options for download, done.
    Perhaps you are facing authentication issues due your company’s firewall or any other security software. Also, if you’re using Single SignOn you shoulded had login via Single SignOn.
    Contact your IT department asking for any kind of blocking for external sites and ports.

2. When creating our account for the community, it does not ask us to setup a password.  Is that normal? 
    It’s because you have logged in and didn’t sign-out. If you sign-out then will be required to enter with your credentials again.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hello @Lemon Peeler ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Let’s see:

Solutionhttps://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=lyd1578456406692.html&_LANG=enus

Alexandre,

Thank you for the helpful information.  However, your solution link to our first question appears to be related to the form creation.  Since this form was created by someone else and sent to us, To the best of my recollection, I’m thinking it did not provide any resizing capability for the signature field during form fill-in,  I attempted to drag the corners, but there were no extents to resize.

Hello @Lemon Peeler ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the signature field is not being able to be resized, I understand you do not have the size handles.

Do you see the fields smaller? If so, are you scanning the documents?: Fields appear too small when tagging and sending an envelope

If the above does not apply, then there could be an issue in the backend, can you confirm the above?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator

Unfortunately, the document was signed and processed.  I’m not sure I could even get back to view the document in the same state as when filling it in.  The interesting thing is that we inserted my wife’s signature from a file on disk, similar to mine, and it looked fine.  Mine would have been fine also if we could have resized it.  Wondering if the form we were filling-in for our accountant simply didn’t allow resizing (editing restrictions?).  The field may have been smaller but couldn’t resize.  No scanning, tagging, or envelopes.  Not a huge issue, would have simply liked to enlarge the signature for legibility.

Hello @Lemon Peeler ,

Thank you for reaching back.

The sender of the envelope can create a copy of the envelope to view the settings and the fields formatting. As the document is already signed, there isn’t much we can do as it becomes locked to keep the validity of the signature. However, if they can create a copy we might be able to troubleshoot that: Copy Envelopes

Best regards,

Thank you for the response, Nathaly.  It might be difficult to obtain the original ‘envelope’ as you call it from an entity that obviously highly regards their in-house security.  Furthermore, it would only address a pretty minor issue for us.  As such, we’ll likely not pursue this with our accounting firm.

On the other hand, it might be useful for us to test the nature of our saved signatures with DocuSign.  Not being a paid subscriber to DocuSign, is there a way we can create a very simple sample document and fill in the two signatures registered in DocuSign to see how they appear when applied in a test environment?

Hello @Lemon Peeler ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I completely understand, we do have a demo environment that allows users to test out features and send documents that have no legal validity to them, you can create an account using the following link: 

https://go.docusign.com/demo/

Best regards,

Thank you so much for being so attentive to our questions!

Hello @Lemon Peeler ,

Thank you for reaching back!

I’m glad I was able to assist you in what you needed, feel free to post your concerns in the Docusign Community anytime.

I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,