Skip to main content

Hi, 

We’re in the process of updating our employees salaries, meaning all managers need to sign the new salary for each employee and each employee needs to sign the same document. 

I’ve created a template where the managers can fill out the information for each employee, but since I put the “Name” field for the recipient (not the manager) to be filled out automatically, it doesn’t show until the employee opens up the envelope. 

Is there a setting where the 2nd signers name (the employee in this case) can show up for the 1st signer (manager)? I need the manager to be sure which employee document he/she is signing at the moment, despite the receiving employee being the second signer.

Hello @Tess11331

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of having the correct information displayed as needed in the envelope; I understand that you want to have the information for other recipients displayed for all the recipients.

To share the information in all fields with all recipients, your administrator can enable the "When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients" setting. This setting allows the values of auto-populated or pre-filled fields to be visible to all recipients as soon as they access the envelope, regardless of whether the recipient to whom the field is assigned has completed their action. Administrators can enable this setting by going to the Settings tab, selecting Sending Settings, and checking the corresponding box.

Take the following steps to enable this setting:

1. Log in with your administrator credentials
  2. Go to the Settings tab
  3. On the left-hand sidebar, select Sending Settings
  4. Check the box next to When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients
  5. Select Save

More information at How do I share the information in all fields with all recipients when sending a document?

Is this setting enabled in your account?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for this, this was exactly what I was looking for!