Skip to main content

Probably the easiest question but I need to sign the document and then send for signature of client. How can I sign it first?

@Smirk Add yourself as the first Recipient in the envelope workflow.  I suggest using “Signing Order” which would place you first and then additional Recipients in the required order of how you document requires approval. Once you have the workflow setup, add the fields for yourself and other Recipients and Send.  You should get a popup if your email address matches the logged in DocuSign user account and it should prompt you to sign immediately. You also will get a DocuSign envelope notification if you want to act on the envelope later but remember the envelope does not advance if you are in Signing Order 1 until you have completed your action.

When you create an envelope, there is an option to set the signing order. You would put yourself in signing order #1 and your client in signing order #2. You will receive the envelope to sign (you should be automatically prompted to sign after clicking SEND) and then the client will receive the envelope for their signature after you’ve signed.

Read more at this help article: Set a Signing Order

Hi @Smirk,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator