Skip to main content
Question

Merging Digitally Signed Documents into One and Requesting Certification in DocuSign

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Could you please assist me with the following issue? I need to merge several digitally signed documents into a single document and request digital certification using DocuSign. How can I achieve this?

Hello, @Gláucia.Alexandre 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Responding your question:

1. Prepare the Documents: Make sure all the documents you want to merge are in a digital format and are digitally signed using DocuSign or any other digital signature platform.

2. Merge the Documents: You can use various software tools to merge multiple documents into a single PDF file. Adobe Acrobat, PDF Merge, or online tools like SmallPDF or PDF Merge are some options you can use for this purpose. Ensure that the merged document maintains the integrity of the digital signatures.

3. Upload the Merged Document to DocuSign:

• Navigate to the area where you can create a new envelope or upload a document.
    • Upload the merged document.
  4. Prepare the Document for Certification:

• Your account must have Digital Signature enabled, if you don’t have it yet, contact our Support to open a ticket requesting to enable such feature, the digital signature can vary accordingly the country where you’re based.

• Once the document is uploaded, add the Recipients then specify what type of eSignature they will use: electronic or digital (will show up something like Penxxxx accordingly the Digital Signature Pen has been enabled to your account.
      an example:

• Place the Sign Here fields where you want them to appear on the document. You can do this by selecting the "Sigh Here" field from the toolbar and placing it on the document where necessary.

5. Send for Digital Certification:

• After placing the Sign Here and other fields, proceed to send the document for digital signature.

6. Recipient Actions:

• The recipients will receive an email notification prompting them to review and digitally sign the document.
    • They will click on the provided link to access the document in DocuSign and sign, after signing when they click on Finish, another screen will show up asking about their Digital Certificate, they need to have one, select it and apply the digital certificate.

7. Finalization:

• Once all necessary parties have applied their digital certifications, the document will be finalized and secured.
    • You and other recipients will receive notifications confirming the signing process as complete after the last signer signs the envelope.

8. Document Access:

• After certification, the document can be accessed by all parties involved in the DocuSign transaction.

By following these steps, you should be able to merge digitally signed documents into a single document and request digital certification using DocuSign. Make sure to follow any specific guidelines or requirements provided by your organization or relevant authorities regarding digital certifications.

Here an article with details about Digital Signature:
Understanding Digital Signature

I hope that helps

Alexandre 

Hi @Gláucia.Alexandre,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!