Skip to main content

I have a client that has tried to use the KBA to sign a package but is failing due to not picking the "correct" address. He says the address question has a new address, and old address, and a PO Box that he used to use. He picked his new address, but it failed. Which address should he be picking? The old, new, or PO Box? How does the system determine which answer is "correct"?

Hi Sheyennelien,

Welcome  to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to understand how Knowledge Authentication Questions are collected, and I will clarify the topic for you.

LexisNexis, our Identity Verification Service Provider, generates the questions based on public records related to your signer’s name and last name.

If your recipient is unable to answer the questions generated by LexisNexis, you will need to change the Recipient Authentication method to an equivalent, such as ID Verification or Phone Authentication.

You can find more details on the source of LexisNexis data, here:

LexisNexis Risk Solutions - Partner Profile

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Hi @sheyennelien,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

And, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.   

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!