Skip to main content

My dad is tired of doing hand written invoices for his automotive business. He wants to fill out a preloaded PDF invoice on his windows 10 computer. He then wants the customer to look over look the invoice and sign it all on a tablet that’s synced with the computer. He prefers the sync setup, between the computer and tablet, to be dependent of a USB wired connection and not WiFi (nor internet).

How can i help my dad achieve this through DocuSign?

Hello, @Mikey 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

If your dad has a DocuSign account, the best way to achieve his request is this:

1. Create a new envelope
  2. Add the pre filled .PDF document
  3. Add the recipient(s) - i.e. the signer
  4. Customize the email subject and body text for the signer’s notification 
  5. Add fields as Name, email, Sign here, and others to the .PDF document then click on Send button.
  6. The signer will receive such notification with a button: Review Document
  7. The signer will fill up any text field present in the .PDF (if necessary), sign and complete the signing process.
  8. Your daddy as the Sender (or owner) of the Envelope can see in real time through the option Historial all actions taken by the signee as when the envelope was opened, viewed, and signed.
  9. That synch request between machines will not be necessary since DocuSign eSignature platform takes care to synchronize the actions taken by the recipients and sender.

If your dad wants the signer to be in front of him to sign the document, you can set a recipient action as “In Person Signer”. The signer can access the envelope using that tablet you mentioned then sign the .PDF form.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @Mikey,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.