Skip to main content

I keep trying to add conditional statements on the text box to enable if "Corporation" or "Trust" or "Partnership" is selected but when I do I keep getting "This field is already conditional" on the second condition.

Thanks!

-Tim

Please provide greater details around the exact Use Case of this conditional field. You stated you have four radio buttons associated to the following choices, Individual, Corporation, Partnership and Trust. Under which choices should the Text box appear or not appear?

Basically it's select investor type: Individual, Corporation, Partnership and Trust

Then the text box in question is "If Corporation or Partnership enter tax ID Number:"

Here is the method to create this....

Create (drag over) two text fields, use different Data Labels, perhaps the first is called "Corporation TaxID and the other "Partnership TaxID". Create conditional rules starting by highlighting the Radio Button for Corporation, the rule should show "Corporation" in the dropdown then you hold down CTRL key and select Text field 1 that was labeled as Corporation Tax ID. Save or Done. Highlight Radio Button for "Partnership" and again select "Create Rule" select "Partnership" from the dropdown and then CTRL and highlight text field labeled as "Partnership TaxID". Save or Done. Now take these two Text fields created in the first steps and place them right on top of each other in the appropriate location. So they are in essence stacked conditional fields. If the Recipient chooses the Partnership option or the Corporation option it will show a text field to fill out.

Thanks for responding David! I see what you're saying...I was over simplifying the question a little - in reality it's 14 different radio buttons to select - so it's 14 different text boxes...That just doesn't feel right? You're sure this is a limitation for this platform? I would have thought this would be a very common thing?

Again - thank you David.

Even if there are 14 Radio Button options it doesn't sound like every choice requires the Tax ID number to be entered. So if there are 14 Radio Buttons and only 6 of them require a Tax ID number then there are only 6 text boxes that need to be added/layered and conditionality set. The conditionality is rather basic and to my knowledge doesn't account for "OR" possibilites so that multiple selective fields, whether that is Checkboxes, Radios, or Dropdowns would allow one field to appear if 5 out of 6 independent choices were made. I mean you could also look at form design and require the Tax ID number no matter the choice and then add a Note suggesting they add "NA" as a value if the Tax ID is not applicable. You could also do more complex formula type conditionality. So lets say you use Checkboxes instead...14 checkboxes are created each one that would trigger a Tax ID has a formula, checked equals "1", unchecked is "0". You allow for only one Checkbox to be selected but if the one that have associated formulas are checked then the formula triggers the Text field based on the formula value. I have never tested this scenario personnally but it applies in theory based off this DocuSign article.

https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-do-I-use-muiltiple-checkboxes-with-at-least-one-required

Unfortunately it actually is 14 selections that require the field. The N/A thing is not ideal but interesting. It's hard to believe the first section of the first document I do on DocuSign is only supported with a workaround but I sincerely appreciate your time David.

Sincerely do. Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

-Tim