Skip to main content
Solved

How to Require Drawn Signature on Document

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I am a DS Admin in my company’s Docusign account. I need to send some documents requiring drawn signatures rather than the preformatted type. I have read several help articles about how to do this, but my settings options do not seem to match up with the advice in the articles. Can someone walk me through how to do this? Thanks!

Under Signing Settings, you will need to have access to ‘Signature Adoption Configuration’ if you do not have this link, you must submit a support ticket to request to have this added to your admin page settings - provide your account name & account id for updating. 

Once this is enabled, ensure the ‘disable draw signature’ is NOT checked.

You can update your default settings for each envelope by checking the ‘Start on Draw’ radio selections under Signature Adoption Mode and Mobile Signature Adoption Mode. This will prompt users to draw first. If you would like to disable a pre-selected/uploaded signature option, check the boxes for ‘Disable Style selection’ and ‘Disable upload signature’ options.

Hello @Moriah Munsch ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Under Signing Settings, you will need to have access to ‘Signature Adoption Configuration’ if you do not have this link, you must submit a support ticket to request to have this added to your admin page settings - provide your account name & account id for updating. 

Once this is enabled, ensure the ‘disable draw signature’ is NOT checked.

You can update your default settings for each envelope by checking the ‘Start on Draw’ radio selections under Signature Adoption Mode and Mobile Signature Adoption Mode. This will prompt users to draw first. If you would like to disable a pre-selected/uploaded signature option, check the boxes for ‘Disable Style selection’ and ‘Disable upload signature’ options.

Thank you for this reply! I did not see Signature Adoption Configuration in my settings, so I opened a support ticket as suggested. I found out from that procedure that the version of DocuSign my company uses does not support the ability to control this setting. We would have to upgrade to a higher level of DocuSign to be able to get Signature Adoption Configuration. 

The response above seems like a good solution, but I was not able to try it myself due to the version of DocuSign I have. 

Hello @Moriah Munsch ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

I do not see an option for “Accept as Solution”. I was not able to utilize the provided response, so I don’t know if it was a good solution or not.

Hello @Moriah Munsch ,

My apologies, the option to click is the “Select as Best” button at the bottom of the post. Thank you!

Best regards,