Skip to main content

I am trying to create that all the docs and contracts that I get from Docusign to my email will show with the employee name + Docs name

For example- Shani Nitsan- Agreement 

• I dont want to customize the email subject line to include the recipient's name and document type.

@Shani Nitsan 

Customising the email subject line to include the recipient’s name and document type, would be the correct way to achieve this. If you use a template, the recipient name could be automatically filled if you use the placeholder field. In order to use a placeholder for the document type, it needs to be an envelope custom field to be included in the email subject.

If you want to change the actual document name, you are able to change it independently from the email as well, when you create the envelope click on the document and “Rename document”.

Thanks for the answer.
The subject of the email appears to me correctly (employee name + type of document)
But I wanted to know if there is a possibility that the PDF file itself that was sent will also appear like this (employee name + type of document)
Attached is an example of how it’s looks today - 

and I would love for the PDF name will appear as the email subject

@Shani Nitsan 

Unfortunately, you cannot automatically rename the document in Docusign eSignature.

As written before you would need to manually edit the document name when creating the envelope. The file name will not change during the signature process, so in the final email it will have the name from creation.

Can I enter this field (edit the document name when creating the envelope) as mandatory when sending the form?
We have a lot of people in the company who send documents, and we want this to require them to rename the file before sending

@Shani Nitsan

Unfortunately not, you would need to train your people into using it correctly to comply with internal standards. It is not a field to edit that can be made mandatory, but an action to rename the uploaded document. By default it will be the file name of the uploaded document or the file name of the document stored in the template.

Ok I understand, thanks! 

I have another question -

I have an admin user and I want to change the email that appears in recipients to another email in several templates. Is it possible to do it all at once or do I have to do it one by one?

@Shani Nitsan

Templates are not connected to each other. Therefore, you need to update every template individually if you want to replace a recipients email address.

Is no any API that can help us with this issue?

I have more than 70 template 

@Shani Nitsan 

Sure, you can do update existing templates via API using the following endpoints:

List templates: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/templates/templates/list/

Update templates: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/templates/templates/update/

​Hi @Shani Nitsan,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!