Skip to main content

A user has two documents which require a “drawn signature”.  I have reviewed a couple set of instructions for this, but I’m not seeing the settings within our DocuSign that mirror those instructions.  Do you know if I can require only a drawn signature? 

Hello, @RoseFrequency 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

If you’re the Admin for your account, go to the Settings page then Signing Settings and configure the Signature Adoption configuration, you can enable the option for drawn eSignatures. After that, your envelopes sent to the recipients with Sign Here fields will give to them an option to drawn a signature.

See this article: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=dqc1583277355406.html&_LANG=enus

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

The setting, if it is available to you, should be under Signing Settings → Signature Adoption Configuration.

You can require the recipient to only draw their signature.   Please note that is an Account setting and it will be applied to all envelopes sent from that account.

Thank you Alexandre. 

Thank you John. I was just about to reply to Alexandre if it was universal setting. it is a one-off use case. 

Is the following still available within a DS account? Someone sent it to me, but it is not listed within our account. 

@RoseFrequency  - It is an available feature in my Demo environment, and I think you might not have to make that change at the account level and use this instead.   This way it will only be applied to your envelope on a case-by-case basis. 

Hi @RoseFrequency,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher. Thank you for following up. Yes, I used the Require Recipient option.