Skip to main content

Hi - I’m new to DocuSign and have created a signature (one of the DocuSign suggested ones).  This is the only one in my profile when I check, but DocuSign presents me with another signature that I don’t want to use when it comes to signing documents.  I don’t seem to have any way of using the signature I have created - what am I doing wrong and how do I use the signature that shows on the homepage when I log in to DocuSign?

@SJR - 

You can try these options to change your default signatures:

1. Check Your Profile Signature:

• Click on your profile picture or initials at the top right corner.
    • Select "Manage Profile" or "My Preferences."
    • Under the "Signatures" section, ensure that the correct signature is saved and set as your default.
  2. Using the Correct Signature When Signing:

• When you are prompted to sign a document, DocuSign will typically default to the last signature you used. If you want to change it:
    • Click on the signature field in the document.
    • A menu should appear with your saved signatures. Select the one you want to use.
    • If the desired signature does not appear, click on "Manage" to see all your saved signatures and select the correct one.
  3. Deleting Unwanted Signatures:

• If DocuSign is presenting a signature you don't want to use, you can delete it:
    • Go to your profile settings as described above.
    • Under "Signatures," find the unwanted signature.
    • Click on the trash icon or "Delete" button to remove it.

If you have followed these steps and are still experiencing issues, you may want to contact DocuSign support for further assistance.

Hello @SJR ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi JohnSantos, thank you for your suggestion and sorry for the late response.
In the end the problem was a conflict caused by an earlier “free” account that I had signed up for that appeared to have a greater priority when it came to signatures than my “paid for” account.  Deletion of the free account solved the issue.