Skip to main content

During the signature by the stakeholders, they want to add comments and how that can be done?

Hello @sampath,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you want to grant the ability to your user to add comments to your envelope during the signing session.

The comments feature is available in our Standard and above plans if you have one of those plans and you cannot follow the guide:

You can enable comments in an envelope by changing the Advanced Options that are available to you when preparing or correcting an envelope.

1. From the Add Documents and Recipients view, select ADVANCED OPTIONS.
  2. In the Advanced Options dialog, scroll down to the Comments section and select the Enable Comments checkbox.

You will need to ask your account Admin to Enable Comments on Envelopes, as an administrator, you can enable users to comment on envelopes. You can also allow senders to override the settings to enable or disable comments. In Docusign eSignature Settings, select Comments and make the desired selections. Comments can be posted by senders and recipients unless senders override the setting. More information at Settings to Allow Comments on Documents and Envelopes

When signing a document, you can post a comment to ask questions or express disagreement. To do this, click the comment icon, choose where to place the comment, type your question or comment, select who can see it, and then click POST. You can also notify specific recipients by selecting @ and choosing the recipient. Use Comments to Ask and Answer Questions about a Document

You can View Comments and Replies through the Notification Center.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @sampath,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.