Skip to main content

put in wrong email address for a client for esign - how do i change the address ?

@keith f

If you have sent a document to the wrong email address, you can correct the recipient's email address using the "Correct" feature. 

• Locate the Envelope: Log in to your DocuSign account and go to the "Agreements" tab. Locate the envelope that you sent to the wrong email address. It should be under the "Sent" folder.

• Use the Correct Feature: Click on the envelope to open it. In the right-hand menu, you will see an option called "Correct". Click on it. This will allow you to modify the details of the envelope, including the email addresses of the recipients.

• Edit Recipient Information: Find the recipient with the incorrect email address. Click on the "Edit" next to the recipient's name or email. You can then enter the new, correct email address.

• Save Changes and Resend: After updating the email address, make sure to save your changes. The corrected email will receive a new notification with the link to the document.

• Verify Changes: Ensure that the changes have been applied correctly by checking the recipient details once more before sending the document again

thank you 

Hi @keith f,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.