Skip to main content

When setting up the Docusign Envelope template for sending signature from CPQ Quote object, I cannot see the Merge Field arrow so that I can set up the merge fields to display on Quote template and write back to Salesforce. (See screenshot).

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

If you currently have installed the DAL package version 4.4.x,  the merge fields tab will appear once you upload a document to the DocuSign Envelope Template.

We had a recent update on the package version and if there is no document uploaded then we are hiding both the merge fields and place tags steps.

You might find the following information useful:

Envelope Template Options: Merge Fields Step

DocuSign Envelope Template Merge Field Types

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thanks. However, we are using the merge field inside Salesforce generated Quote template, means we will not need to upload document....

Hi,

If your workflow prevents you from uploading documents into the template, and instead you are using dynamic documents, then only in sending experience these documents will be pulled in and the sender can add tags to them.

I'm afraid that you have to at least add a document to the template to create the merge fields, then once you’re done creating your merge fields you can just delete the documents from the template. Or another alternative will be to create a template that you’ll always use just for purposes of creating the fields. 

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator