Skip to main content

Can recipients of the Docusign email forward the email to other people for signautre?

You definitely do not want to forward the email to another recipient to sign instead of the original recipient. The link in the email is intended only for the designated original signer. If you forward the email to someone else and they click the link to sign, the system will still assume the original person is signing and their name will be used for the signature.

The proper method is for the signer to click the link to enter the DocuSign signing session and then select ASSIGN TO SOMEONE ELSE from the Other Actions menu. This allows the original recipient to specify the name and email address of the person who should sign. That person will receive an email requesting their signature.

Regards,

Welcome to the Community, 

I just wanted to expand on this Post. 

Please tell your signers to NOT forward the email. We have three features to help.

2. There might be times when you, as a sender, must manage a complex, brokered transaction where you do not know the contact information for all recipients and signers for a transaction. However, you do know the agents or brokers for those recipients, who can add in the contact information needed to complete the transaction.

This type of transaction can be completed by using the "Specify Recipients role" (https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-recipients)

• Specify Recipients - the recipient can fill in the name and email address of the role recipients who are at their same position or later in the signing order.

3. The Sender can also use our "Correct" feature to change the Signer if they haven't taken any action yet. Learn more in the following article:

(https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-correct-documents) Correct Envelopes

Note: Changes are only allowed for recipients who have not yet completed their assigned envelope task. A new email will not be sent to recipients who have already completed their tasks.

I hope one of these features, gets your envelope to the right signer :)

Happy DocuSigning, 

I want to propose a 3rd solution and tell me if you agree.  I noticed there is an Admin setting that says 'Signers must authenticate -  IF they have an account'.   It seems with this setting,  you can forward the email all you want,  but the wrong person  can not sign.   This setting should stop a lot of electronic Forgery!     Agree?

Welcome to the Community, 

Great suggestion. An important feature of DocuSign is the ability to add signer authentication to an envelope. 

Signer authentication is a way to require envelope recipients to verify their identity before they can access an envelope. The type of security option selected determines what the recipient sees when they try to access the envelope. A recipient may have an Access Code security check combined with Phone Authentication, an ID Check or a social ID check.

Learn more about our options in our guides

Additional Authentication is are great for more important documents but may not be needed for some. 

Happy DocuSigning

The setting I was referring to would require users to Log in to their Account,  with username and password as a method of authentication.   This method was not described in the Signer Documentation.   Would you agree that the outcome of this setting would require Username/password authentication?

Yes, I agree,

The feature is listed in the (https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-admin-guide-security-settings) Security Settings  guide in the comment above.  

You can adjust in

• Classic: Preference >> Features >> Aunthentication
  • New:  Go to Admin >> Security Settings >> Recipient Security

Thanks for sharing,