Skip to main content

Hello Everyone,

After creation of an envelope by setting notification object at the time envelope creation. But know I need to update the expiration date of an envelope but it is throwing error as '{"errorCode":"USER_LACKS_PERMISSIONS","message":"This User lacks sufficient permissions. Setting: userOverrideEnabled."}'.

Let me know I need to configure anything from my end.

Thanks and Regards

Charan Balam

Hi @Charan Balam !

This error is related to when a user tries to update the notification or reminder settings on an envelope when they aren't allowed to do so. You should be able to resolve this error by enabling the following setting:

Settings > Reminders and Expiration > check "Allow senders to override account defaults"

Can you please enable the above setting and see if it fixes your error? Sometimes this feature will only work for envelopes created after your settings update.

For more information, please access this article: Set Account Reminders and Expiration Defaults

Please, let me know if this suggestion worked for you!

Hello @Charan Balam ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!