Skip to main content

I would like to create a payment field that is typically just ONE set price, BUT if they check off the 'checkbox' feature to add something on, the price is then different. There are only ever 2 price points, one set price without the checkbox and another set price point if the applicant checks that box. How do I do this? I see that there are 'conditional fields' but it's confusing. Can someone give me a step by step? Or is there another way I have to do it? TIA!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Yes, it is possible.

Please upload your documents and add your recipients as you normally would and select next.

Once you select Next, please add all your needed checkboxes, as well as text fields showing the value of each add-on to which the checkboxes belong (this is entered in "Add Text"), please add your payment field and an extra text field.

After adding those fields, we are going to set up your checkboxes where their value is going to be "0", all of your text boxes will have a number validation and will be set to read-only. You will also set a data label for all the text boxes (something you can easily remember like 1, 2, 3, etc. for the extra text box it could be something like "original")

The extra text field will have the total amount without the add-on's extra costs. All numbers should have two decimals, after that you should link the checkboxes with their respective text field, this can be done by creating conditional rules: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=iqw1578456520131.html&_LANG=enus

And to finish this part of the process, you are going to select your Payment Field > scroll down to Payment Amount > Select Formula > Select Set Up > create your formula by adding the data labels of your fields, for example: [original] + [1] + [2] + [3] and so on, for each read-only text box.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!