Skip to main content

For purpose of audit, I would like to have an amendment box added to the bottom of the docu-sign document. Therefore, allowing auditors to see the full life cycle from start to end, without having to search for multiple documents. 

Can a fully signed docu-sign be edited within the ‘amend’ box only and allow the user to update the Original Value and the New Value and type in their business case and if required, add in the name of the signatory? 

@Beginner74 

You cannot edit a completed document without breaking the tamper-proof electronic seals. Any modification would be considered tampering, as you change the original document which is in a completed state.

If you want, you can forward an existing envelope and add an additional “amendment box”. You cannot update original values, but add new comments in new fields. The result will be a new, second document.

While the document has not been completed and is still in progress, you can use “collaborative fields” to have signers later in the workflow amend values from previous signers. It can be set up in a way that the other recipients need to initial changes made to these collaborative fields.

Hi @Beginner74,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.