Skip to main content

Hello! I am sending a doc to 3 recipients that all have different fields to sign.  I have added the recipients, they all show in the top left drop down with a separate color, and I have selected the fields in their respective colors.  However, when I click Send it says that two of the recipients (yellow and blue) don’t have fields selected, and when I select either of those from the drop box it doesn’t show their respective fields, it just shows the purple recipients even though the checkmark is by their name.  I’m sure this is something simple, I’ve read all the help articles, and don’t see an “edit” option next to the recipients.  Do these have to be sent as 3 separate envelopes? (if so, why does it give the option to add multiple recipients in the one envelope)?This is my first time sending one, and I was cruising along great until this.  Any help would be appreciated! 

Hi @AJA !

Welcome to DocuSign! It will be a pleasure to help you!

You can send envelopes to multiple recipients at the same time. Each recipient and their respective fields are represented by a different color, so in your document, you should have fields in three different colors (as there are 3 recipients).
Watch this quick video explaining this process of sending an envelope with 2 recipients: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Send-with-eSignature-How-to-Send-an-Envelope-Video?language=en_US

If you can, I’d like to invite you to watch our free live webinar Get Started with DocuSign eSignature. In this webinar we will show you how to send, sign and use templates.

I hope I was helpfull!

Thank you so much for the response! I did actually watch the video in the beginning and just watched it again and have read every help article I can find. It looks like I am doing everything correctly, but it’s not working the way the videos show.  I have added each person’s tags in their color, which works fine - except when I go to send it appears to only be saving the purple recipients fields and tells me I haven’t added tags for the other two.  When I click on either of the other recipients (yellow or blue) it only shows the purple tags.  What am I doing wrong?

I opened a ticket and got help - thank you!!

I opened a ticket and got help - thank you!!

Excellent, I'm glad you solved it!

Hi @AJA,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance with this, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.