Skip to main content

The suggested answers from when this has been asked previously appear to lead to dead links.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

To confirm, are you referring to the Login Requirements?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello,
Thanks for the quick response. No, it occurred when I was adding individuals as signatories on a document. When I added one particular individual, I got that error message.
Site IT said that many people had been complaining of the same issue, but it’s gone away by itself now, so I no longer need help.
There must have been something wrong with your system temporarily.

Regards
Ewan

Hello,

Thank you for the information, for future reference if you are an Admin you search for the security settings for the Login Requirements.

Login Requirements: This option sets account and login requirements for recipients. There are four possible selections:

• Not Required to Login: The recipient is not required to log on to the system. If the recipient has a DocuSign account, they can sign their document from the email link without logging on.
  • Login Required if Signer Has an Account: If the recipient has a DocuSign account, they must log on to their DocuSign account to open the document.
  • Account Required – Login Once Per Session: The sender cannot send documents to anyone who does not have a DocuSign account and the recipient must log on to their DocuSign account to open the document.
  • Account Required – Login for Each New Document: The sender cannot send documents to anyone who does not have a DocuSign account and the recipient must log on to their DocuSign account to open each document.

There is the possibility that there was a login requirement set in the account.

Please see https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=muh1583277327950.html&_LANG=enus for more information.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.