Skip to main content
Solved

As an Administrator, I am able to Close a User's account. Once this happens, how long is an individual retained within the system to allow "reactivation?" I searched the Admin Guide and found this Note: User profiles for closed users are not delet

• 29 September 2022
  • 1 reply

So is the closed User Profile retained for the life of the DocuSign subscription?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

You are correct, the users do not get deleted, they instead get closed, this allows for certain user information to be retained (when closing a user, it will affect access to certain user data) and allows the reactivation of a user if need be.

When the account gets closed, the data will be deleted as part of standard account closure activities, subject to data we may retain as required or permitted for our compliance with law.

DocuSign operates in accordance with fundamental privacy principles that underlie global privacy regulations, with respect to an individual’s right to know what personal data is collected and how it is used or otherwise processed.

You may submit a request regarding your personal data using the DocuSign Privacy Request Portal

You might find the following information useful:

What happens to a users data once the user is closed? 

Data Protection Rights

Privacy Notice

General Data Protection Regulation and DocuSign

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator