Skip to main content

While using document generation, you can create the word document with the "{{studentemail}} " but that requires the sender to type the email out. If the student is in the routing path, can you place the tag within the word document so Doc Gen will pick it up inside the paragraph?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you would like to automatically place tags to your documents generated via Doc Gen. However, you mention an email that the user needs to type it out, are you looking for the email to be automatically populated?

For more information on auto place fields, please view: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/DAL-DocuSign-app-launcher-admin-guide

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for the response. I understand the auto-placement of tags but I really meant is there a way to insert a signers email address using Doc Gen? I was referring to it because an email tag exists but using Doc Gen is it possible to have a variable length field for signers email?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

My apologies, I might be confusing the product you are using.

Is this Doc Gen in Salesforce or Doc Gen in eSignature?

Best regards,

E Signature Doc Gen

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, with Doc Gen, that is not possible. If the field needs to be filled out by the signer, it needs to be a normal eSign field, not a Doc Gen field. This is because once the document gets sent, it is a static PDF and can’t be modified.

Best regards,