Skip to main content
Solved

Salesforce ETL step

• 15 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone!

Does someone knows how to use the expression builder of Salesforce ETL Step in the CLM workflow? I am having a slight issue with using the expression builder in the document generation form field. The problem is the DocGen forms that we’ll use is dynamic that’s why we’ve tried to make use of the expression builder but it is having an error on that process. The variable that we are declaring in the expression builder is a String Variable. Can someone help me how to use the expression builder on this step properly?

I will attach here an image about the step and my code on how I declared the DocGen form using C#.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Alex

Based on the error message, it looks like this is looking for the Guid that corresponds to the FORM you have created.  If you click on the Form you want want to use, you can grab the “configUid=...” portion of the URL and use the guid that is available there.  You will need to create a mapping or use logic if you are planning on substituting the guid, and vis-a-vis the form, for different scenarios.

This will require special consideration as part of deployment as the Id’s will likely be different in UAT vs. PRD.

Thank you for your response. The approach you suggested should work, but given that we have over 30 or 40 DocGen forms in use for this process, maintaining them could become quite challenging. Additionally, as you pointed out, the IDs differ between UAT and production environments, which adds another layer of complexity.

How I wish we could simply use the DocGen Configuration name in the expression builder instead of manually extracting the UID from URLs. It’s odd that while the input selection shows the form names, we can’t use them directly in the expression builder.

I appreciate your help and will consider how best to manage these differences. Thank You again, Scott.

I would suggest maintaining a csv file with 2 columns to manage the mapping of Form Ids.  Column 1 would be a single value that you would use to lookup the right Id to use and you could use a Update Variable from CSV step to retrieve the right Id before needing to load into the ETL step.  This would help simply this config and also help in that could have a different csv lookup for UAT vs. PRD.

Thank you for the suggestion! This is a brilliant idea, and I’ll probably give it a try. It seems like a great way to simplify the configuration and handle the differences between UAT and PRD. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks again for your help!