Skip to main content

Wanted to ask for Webforms, how do we set up an approval workflow with conditional logic such that if the requestor chooses option A within the form, it will send out using the approver list A, if they choose option B, it will send out using the approver list B etc.

Currently I am trying to create a webform that will send out to multiple people for approval. The person approving will depend on the requestor’s department. So, I was thinking if it was possible to have a question within the form to ask e.g. what department they are from and depending on the answer, it will have the preset approver to send out to.

Hopefully this question is clear thank you!

Hello @vanrocks2000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

Please consider the Limitations and Considerations for Web Forms, Conditional rules can be added to a web form to determine which fields are displayed based on recipient responses. These rules allow you to show or hide fields, pages, or sections depending on certain conditions. You can create rules using the "if ... then" paradigm, specifying conditions and actions based on recipient responses. Add Conditional Rules to a Web Form.

To add or edit rules for web forms, follow these steps:

1. In the IF section of the Rule builder, select the field you want to add a rule to and choose an operation for that field.
  2. Depending on the operation, you may need to provide additional information, such as a date.
  3. Use the plus sign (+) to add another rule or operation, or use "Or" to add another operation.
  4. In the THEN section of the Rule builder, select "Show" or "Hide" to determine whether a field or page should be shown or hidden.
  5. Choose the appropriate field or page for the rule to take effect on the web form.

Follow this procedure to easily add or edit rules for your web forms. Add or Edit Rules for Web Forms

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @vanrocks2000,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution or if the information provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.