Skip to main content
Hello- I have a credit application in a Word doc and I'd like to use DocuSign for applicants to fill it out vs sending them a Word doc to fill out & email back. However, we cannot change the application at all so don't think we can use Web Forms.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you need to send a credit application in Word format.

DocuSign supports the Word format if you are looking to create a link to the document so that your applicants can fill it out, the use of PowerForms can also come in handy, all you would need is a template with the needed form, we also have a Word Add-on that will allow you to send the document directly from Word.

Please view the following information on creating a PowerForm: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=thx1597261358427&topicId=cfz1595373097910.html&_LANG=enus

For more information on the Word Add-on, please view: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=uvt1617134092892&topicId=ayz1617134289080.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. How can I create a link to the Word document? And then I'll also need them to sign the document - assuming that can be done with e-signature? - Nick

Hi - I am still having trouble figuring out how to create a link to a Word document so our applicants can fill out, and then have them sign the application. Is there someone available to walk me through it? Thanks! - Nick

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The best way to create a link to your document will be by creating a PowerForm, but before doing so, you would need to create a Template of the needed form.

So, please go to:

1. The templates tab
  2. Select New and create a template
  3. Once in the recipient's screen, please add your documents and the role for the needed recipients (name and email can remain blank) if there is going to be more than 1 recipient, please use the singing order feature.
  4. Add any other information such as email message and subject and select next.
  5. Add any tags on the tagging screen and save and close
  6. Once saved, click the dropdown next to USE for that template, and you should see the option to create a PowerForm.
  7. Select it and select Create.
  8. Once created, it will give you a link that you can use to provide your signers with direct access to the form: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=thx1597261358427&topicId=cfz1595373097910.html&_LANG=enus

Best regards,

Hi - thanks. I got as far as Step #6 per your instructions, but am not seeing the option to create a PowerForm?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

If you don't see the option to create a PowerForm it is most likely due to you not having permission to do so, in that case, please contact your account admin.

If you’re the DocuSign Admin of a corporate plan and have questions about enabling a feature or if it’s available, please reach out to your DocuSign Account Executive/Manager. S/he will be able to provide guidance, information and pricing. 

However, If you are a DocuSign Web customer and are the DocuSign Administrator on the account (no assigned Account Executive/Manager), there are a couple of ways you can go. If the feature is available on a different web plan (for example, if you currently have a Standard or Personal subscription/plan, and you see a feature that’s available on a Business Pro web plan), you can go through the process of upgrading the account yourself. However, if you realize that the feature is not available on any web plan/subscription (or, aren’t sure), you should reach out to our Sales org at https://www.docusign.com/contact-sales or  1-877-720-2040. 

Best regards,