Skip to main content

From poking around a bit, I have come to an understanding that DAL does not support using checkbox fields from Salesforce as merge/writeback fields. Is this true? If so, this seems like a major oversight, especially considering the fact that something like this was possible with the Legacy Docusign integration.

We use a number of checkbox fields that we would like to merge/writeback via Docusign contracts, but it seems like there are no solutions other than “change to picklists” i.e. change our entire data model. Has anyone found a workaround? Are there any plans to implement checkbox merge fields?

Hello @zgoldberg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

To better assist you, can you provide the current version of the Docusign Apps Launcher that you are using? Docusign for Salesforce - What Version of Docusign eSignature for Salesforce Am I Using? This article provides instructions on how to view the version of Docusign for Salesforce that your Salesforce organization is using. It covers different packages including Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, Legacy Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, and Docusign for Salesforce CPQ. To obtain the managed package information, log into Salesforce as a Salesforce Administrator.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar ,

I’m using Docusign Apps Launcher v6.9. I can use merge/writeback with plenty of other fields, so it seems strange that checkboxes wouldn’t be included. Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Hello @zgoldberg,

Could you confirm if you have only installed DAL or if you also have the (Legacy) Docusign eSignature for Salesforce?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi there,

We also have the Legacy app installed (v7.0) but have been working on transitioning away from it to the new DAL. Please let me know if there are any steps I can take to regain this functionality.

Thank you!

Hello @zgoldberg,

If the connection with DFS is active, are you creating the merge field in Docusign web app -> Admin setting -> Document custom fields?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi there,

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the question. I was specifically wondering if creating writeback merge checkbox fields in the new DAL app. We’ve been led to understand that this will be the best way to use Docusign with Salesforce moving forward and have been working to transition our esignature documents to this new platform. Are you saying that the Legacy Docusign for Salesforce app is the only tool that has this functionality? That would mean we in fact don’t need to transition to the new DAL?