Skip to main content
Question

Reusing Text Tabs anchor strings

• 4 September 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m running into an issue where I have 2 Documents with anchor strings to be used for text fields. The first Document has 1 page and has AnchorString “A” placed in order for the signer to input text during the DocuSign experience. The second Document has 2 pages, in each page there is a anchor string placed for this document, however no action is needed to be taken by the signer and the text tab for this document should just be readonly. The reason why it should just be readonly is because the Signer should have visibility to this document so we are placing a ‘hidden’ tag on the document for visibility. 

I would like to reuse the same ‘text’ anchor string for this Signer so that it can serve a multipurpose, is there a way to allow a signer to input text using an anchor string and also use the same anchor string to serve as a way to allow them to view a document during eSign? The text tabs for each purpose would of course be configured differently with unique labels. It seems that during eSign DocuSign treats the same anchor string on each document the same rather than treating it on a per-document basis.

Can anyone help I would appreciate some guidance

Hi @Capital300, welcome to the Docusign Community! 

This is not directly possible. Tabs defined on anchor strings are all duplicated and have the same properties, so it’s not directly possible to have the same anchor string for two different tabs. The easier solution is to define unique anchor tags for unique tabs so they can have different properties. 

The other solution is, if your anchor strings are on different documents, you can reach out to Docusign Support to have your Anchor population scope changed to “Document”. What this does is, it does not duplicate anchor strings across documents. So you can define the same anchor string across multiple documents and have it have different properties across different documents.